- Important Information
- Additional Forms and Information
- Mesquite ISD Security Procedures for All Events
- UIL Eligibility Dates
20/21 Rank one / Physicals
In order to participate in any athletics all athletes must complete a physical with their physician and all forms on the rank one website. Use the next links to complete all forms.
Link: Rank One - Mesquite
CareNow is offering discounted physicals for Mesquite ISD students. Click here for a downloadable, printable flyer.
NEW FOR 2020!
Returning Agnew MS 8th Grade Athletes that have a completed Athletic Physical on file from the 2019-2020 school year only need to complete and sign the digital forms on rankone.com.
WHO NEEDS TO SUBMIT A COMPLETE ATHLETIC PHYSICAL? (BOTH PAGES)
Any 8th Grade Athlete that answers "Yes" to Questions #1-6 must submit a complete physical and must be cleared by a physician.
All incoming 7th Grade Athletes enrolled in Athletics
Any Athlete that is NEW to Agnew ISD
The Athletic Physical must be completed on the approved UIL Athletic Physical Form and the student can not participate until the completed form has been turned in.
HOW TO TURN IN YOUR COMPLETED ATHLETIC PHYSICAL
Scan the completed athletic physical using your phone or a copier and email a PDF of the completed physical to Coach Giles (email@example.com)
The Subject Line of your email should include: Athletic Physical - Last Name, First Initial - Grade
This can be done at your earliest convenience, but should be completed prior to August 31st to allow time to properly process all athletic physicals to ensure athletes are clear to participate on the first day of school.
If you email a PDF of your athletic physical, you will receive an email response confirming that it was received and that everything was completed correctly.
COMMONLY MISSED ITEMS
PAGE 1 - MEDICAL HISTORY (COMPLETED BY THE PARENT)
Grade (Should reflect the grade level for the 2020-2021 School Year)
Student Signature (on the bottom left of the medical history form)
Parent Signature (on the bottom right of the medical history form)
Mesquite ISD values the safety of its students, staff and patrons above all else. The district regularly reviews its safety protocols to ensure our facilities are as safe as possible for all who use them. As a result of such review, additional security measures will be implemented for after-school events at all Mesquite ISD venues (gyms, stadiums and campuses) effective Friday, Jan. 31, 2020, and going forward:
All students in grades 6-12, including non-Mesquite ISD students, must present a valid student ID to enter any event.
No one may enter basketball games after the start of the fourth quarter.
Backpacks will not be allowed at Mesquite ISD events.
Elementary students will not be admitted without adult supervision.
Mesquite ISD reserves the right to request additional identification.
Additional measures are under consideration, and more changes may be announced in the future. Thank you for your support of Mesquite ISD in these efforts.
UIL No Pass/No Play Eligibility Dates
FIRST GRADING PERIOD: (6 weeks)
· Aug. 17 first day of grading period.
· Sept. 4 (Friday) end of three-week grade evaluation period = progress reports.
· NOTE: Students cannot regain eligibility during the first grading period if they begin the year ineligible. They must wait until Friday Oct. 2 at 3:55 pm.
· Sept. 25 is the end of first grading period.
SECOND GRADING PERIOD: (5 weeks)
· Sept. 29 first day of grading period.
· Oct. 2 (Friday) students may lose or regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· Oct. 19 (Monday) end of three-week grade evaluation period = progress report.
· Oct. 26 (Monday) students may regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· Oct. 30 end of second grading period.
THIRD GRADING PERIOD: (6 weeks)
· Nov. 2 first day of grading period.
· Nov. 6 (Friday) students may lose or regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· Nov. 20 (Friday) end of three-week grade evaluation period = progress report.
· NOTE: All students are academically eligible during Thanksgiving Holidays (Refer to UIL Side by Side).
· Dec. 4 (Friday) students may regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· Dec. 18 end of third grading period.
· NOTE: All students are academically eligible during Winter Holidays. (Refer to UIL Side by Side).
FOURTH GRADING PERIOD: (7 weeks)
· Jan. 5 first day of grading period.
· Jan. 11 (Monday) students may lose or regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· Jan. 25 (Monday) end of three-week grade evaluation period = progress report.
· Feb. 1 (Monday) students may regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· Feb. 19 end of fourth grading period.
FIFTH GRADING PERIOD: (7 weeks)
· Feb. 22 first day of grading period.
· Feb. 26 (Friday) students may lose or regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· March 12 (Friday) end of three-week evaluation period= progress report.
· NOTE: All students are academically eligible during Spring Break. Students who were not eligible prior to Spring Break will become ineligible on the first day back from the break. (Refer to UIL Side by Side).
· March 26 (Friday) students may regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· April 16 end of fifth grading period.
SIXTH GRADING PERIOD: (6 weeks)
· April 19 first day of grading period.
· April 23 (Friday) students may lose or regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· May 7 (Friday) end of three-week evaluation period = progress report.
· May 14 (Friday) students may regain eligibility at 3:55 pm.
· May 26 end of sixth grading period.
Notice on 20/21 sports
As right now no schedules have been shared for middle school teams. We are expecting to still have all teams available this year, however we are also anticipating shorter seasons. We will share all information as soon as it is available.
Aviso sobre 20/21 deportes
Por ahora, no se han compartido horarios para los equipos de la escuela secundaria. Esperamos tener todos los equipos disponibles este año, sin embargo, también anticipamos temporadas más cortas. Compartiremos toda la información tan pronto como esté disponible.
7th and 8th grade cheer applications for the 2019-2020 school year are available in the front office. They are due by the end of the day on March 1. Cheer tryout clinic will be held in the gym from March 4-8 from 3:45-5:30 pm. See Ms. Dotson for more details.
Franco G., Leslie